First, you could print large images even sharper.
Now, you can print them at breakneck speed.
Introducing new HP PageWide XL printers with sharp, up-to-70 percent faster1 output, enabling technical production providers to grow AEC volume and expand business in color applications.
The new HP PageWide XL 5200 and HP PageWide XL 8200 printers and multifunction printers strengthen the fastest printer portfolio in the market2 to equip enterprise print rooms, central reprographic departments and reprographic houses for enhanced mid-volume production in both color and monochrome.
At speeds up to 24 D/A1-size prints per minute, the series delivers technical documents with quick turnaround and low operating costs3 for architects and engineers, in addition to geographic information system (GIS) maps and point-of-sale (POS) poster applications.
With more than 3 billion ft² (300 million m2) printed since the HP printers launched, more customers are discovering the value the market-leading 6 HP PageWide XL printers bring to businesses worldwide. HP PageWide XL printers do the job of two printers in a single device, providing both monochrome and color prints at breakthrough speeds.
The HP PageWide XLs prints at speeds up to 20 D/A1 pages per minute with quick 28-second first page out, and the higher model HP PageWide XLs at 24 D/A1 size pages per minute with a 25-second first page out. The printers produce outstanding print quality, and are also available in multifunction configuration with copying and scanning for collaboration. Additional benefits include:
- Set a new technical document standard with crisp lines, 2-point text, smooth grayscales, and vibrant color.
- Print/scan/copy in monochrome and color with one single device in 50% of the time with a consolidated workflow.7
- New advanced functionality for the integrated scanners such as smart background removal.
- ISO 11798 certified HP PageWide XL pigment inks provide long-term storage, light/water resistance.8
- Help keep data safe—self-encrypting HDD with AES-256, Secure Disk Erase, and IPSec.
New added-value capabilities
HP is also now offering increased productivity for the HP PageWide XL portfolio with new software solutions. HP SmartStream offers two new modules. Document Organizer lets the user automatically rename large volumes of files using innovative OCR technology, for saving time in job management. Using job pixel coverage, Pixel Analysis provides accurate quotes before printing. HP SmartTracker helps users control printing costs and enable reimbursement.
HP is also introducing new features for HP HD & SD Pro Scanners to improve operator productivity, image quality and background cleaning capabilities. A new output tray streamlines both the scan and copy workflows.
Additional printers in the HP PageWide XL portfolio include:
- The HP PageWide XL 8000 Printer offering high-end production printing at revolutionary speeds up to 30 D/A1-size prints per minute as well as two 775 milliliter ink cartridges per color with automatic switching and up to six rolls – more than 3,900 feet (1,200 meters) – of media for sustained productivity.
The HP PageWide XL Printer series is available in the US and Canada.
To learn more on the benefits of PageWideXL go to this page.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
- The new HP PageWide XL Printer series prints 24 D/A1 size pages per minute compared with the previous HP PageWide XL Printer delivering 14 A1/D size pages per minute.
- Fastest based on internal HP testing and methodology compared to alternatives for large-format printing of technical documents, GIS maps, and point-of-sale (POS) posters under $200,000 USD as of April, 2017. Production costs savings based on comparison to a setup consisting of one monochrome LED printer and one color production printer, both under $150,000 USD, as of April, 2017. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims
- Production costs savings based on an HP PageWide XL Printer compared with a combination of a mid-volume monochrome LED printer and a mid-volume color production printer (both under $40,000 USD) as of April, 2017. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
- Based on desktop workstations as of June 14, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics, memory, and power supply
- Based on desktop workstations as of June 14, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics, memory, and power supply.
- HP PageWide XL printers portfolio are market leaders in high-volume and mid-volume both in the USA and in Canada representing 50% of the share according to IDC as of March, 2017.
- Based on internal HP testing on the HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer compared to preparing and printing the job on two different printers (one comparable monochrome mid-volume LED printer for the monochrome pages and one color printer for the color pages. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
- HP PageWide XL pigment inks are certified per the ISO 11798 Permanence and Durability standard, proving that prints made with HP PageWide XL printers using Original HP PageWide XL pigment inks withstand harsh exposure to light, water, abrasion, and handling, and long-term storage and heat, and remain legible in the future. For more information, see hp.com/go/printpermanence.