Please join us for a look at The Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas. This 520,000 SF teaching hospital, together with the Dell Medical School, will transform the way healthcare is delivered in Central Texas.
Community Invitation: Help celebrate the opening of Dell Seton Medical Center, a teaching hospital built by Seton Healthcare Family. Preview the state-of-the art facility at a community open house featuring behind-the-scene tours, simulations, music and more! Designed to enhance patient care, support medical education and advance innovation, Dell Seton Medical Center will begin accepting patients on May 21.
Highlights of the new hospital include:
- New home for our region’s only Level I Trauma Center for adults
- Designed to support medical education and collaboration among doctors, nurses, researchers, staff, students, patients and families
- 211 beds in operation (including 135 Acute Care & 60 Critical Care/Universal beds), designed to add up to 135 beds in the future
- More operating rooms and more space for diagnostic and therapeutic support
- Pedestrian and bike friendly campus designed to attain LEED certification as a green building
In addition to providing better care closer to home, The Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas is poised to become an economic catalyst for the Austin area. 15,000 new jobs are expected to be created, directly and indirectly through a new medical district.
Project team members include:
JE Dunn Construction (General Contractor), HKS (Architect & Structural), WSP (MEP), Garza EMC (Civil for Hospital) and Stantec (Civil for Medical District). The tour will be directed by Greg Euston, Vice President and Project Executive at JE Dunn Construction and Michael Shald, Vice President and Architect at HKS.
View all open house events here.